Foldr for macOS
What’s new in Foldr for macOS?
– Map a drive in macOS Finder to present on-premise SMB shares or cloud storage areas from a single drive
– Support for native Google G-Suite files in Finder. Double click a Google Doc, Sheet or Slide and start editing immediately.
– Supports password change and two factor authentication
– Quick Import / Upload option available from the system tray context menu. Upload from your desktop to any storage location in Foldr.
Foldr for macOS Release Notes
Version 1.1.9 – Monday 11th February, 2019
- Fixes a possible crash when handling large GarageBand projects
- Allows a custom port to be used in the server address
- Optimise temporary files (quick saves)
- Fixes an issue where the modified date is not updated correctly with Microsoft Word documents
- Fixes some log format issues when additional debugging is enabled
- Use pre-converted share icons
Version 1.1.6 – Friday 18th January, 2019
- Improve the behaviour of the app with poor connections to the server
- Deny drag and drop folders between shares
- Fixes a potential lock-up in Finder when renaming a directory
- Improve logging – new verboseLogging option
- Improve Logging in APIClient
- FileVault & Gatekeeper admin settings may be ignored
- Fixes an issue where stale drives may be mounted
- Automatically retry failed uploads
- Improved Crash Handler
Version 1.1.1 – Tuesday 18th December, 2018
- New – Support for macOS Mojave
- New – Web sign in mechanism. Allows the macOS app to natively support AD FS, Duo and other future 2FA / SSO options
- Support for Dark Mode in macOS
- Fixes multiple issues issue with the app on legacy macOS 10.9
- Remove Gatekeeper and FileVault from user settings in the app. These options are now only controlled centrally from the server
- Fixes an app crash when using Preferences before signing in
- Support for tristate appliance / admin security settings
- Prevent file and directory names being created that end with one or more spaces
- Remove the user option to ‘sign in automatically’
- Mark files r/o when checked-out by another user
- Push the modified date for uploads
- Check FileVault status before allowing drive to connect
- Refresh shares after a network address change
- Check uploads for a CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH error
- Refresh Finder after cancelling uploads
- Update the forbidden filenames regex
- Removes notifications for files beginning ~$ and ~WR – Used in Office saves / uploads
- Check reachability at startup
- Show the web sign-in screen for a 2FA challenge
- Adds support for Google Forms files
- Fixes an issue with the bulk Import option
- Cater for ACCOUNT_LOCKED error code
- Add support for direct downloads
Version 1.0.0 – Saturday 28th July, 2018
- Support for process filtering (requires Foldr appliance v22.214.171.124 or greater)
Version 0.9.50 – Wednesday 11th July, 2018
- Fix – Crash with large file uploads
Version 0.9.49 – Wednesday 27th June, 2018
- New – Ransomware protection and security (Gatekeeper) detection
- New – Finder toolbar menu for “Edit in Office Online” (applies to Office documents in OneDrive & SharePoint)
- New – Multiple concurrent uploads for increased performance
- New – Support for image file thumbnails
- New – Admin options for ‘Open Drive At Start Up’ and configuring visible shares
- New – Menu item tooltip shows connection status
- Fix – Sanitise server address
- Fix – Sign-in automatically not working reliably
Version 0.9.42 – Monday 23rd April, 2018
- Fix – Possible crash with macOS Yosemite
- Fix – Certificate-related bugs
Version 0.9.41 – Monday 23rd April, 2018
- New – A badge in the menu bar indicates how many uploads are pending.
- Fix – Optimised file caching.
- Fix – Invalid signature when running on macOS 10.10
Version 0.9.39 – Friday 16th March, 2018
- New – Support for “Pointers” in Foldr server. Admins can now group shares for a neater user experience.
- New – Full support for the Pwned Password service.
- Fix – Issues with SSO options.
Version 0.9.34 – Wednesday 7th February, 2018
- Fix – Issues saving files with the latest version of Office 2016
Version 0.9.33 – Thursday 1st February, 2018
- New – Bookmarks are now accessible through the Finder. Use your Foldr bookmarks to access your favourite files quickly and easily!
- Fix – Select All/Cmd + A not working in fields on Sign In screen
Version 0.9.32 – Thursday 11th January, 2018
- New – Prompt if file names contain illegal characters
Version 0.9.31 – Wednesday 10th January, 2018
- Fix – An issue with certain characters in file names
- New – SSO support for Active Directory environments. Note that your Mac will need to be bound to Active Directory or have used “kinit” to obtain a kerberos ticket for SSO.
- New – Create a support bundle to aid in troubleshooting
- Fix – Duplicate sidebar icons when rebooting or shutting down without first quitting the app
- Fix – Improve stability of uploads
- Fix – A potential crash when adding the drive icon to the sidebar
- Big performance increases across the board. Note that your Foldr shares will now be inside the My Files folder inside your Foldr drive
- Fix – Initialise the Finder extension on launch
- New – Improved upload notifications
- Fix – Folders re-ordering themselves
- Fix – Potential crash when viewing certificate details
- Fix – Auto updater could create a nested app bundle
- Fix – Opening the Web App may prefix address with additional https://
- New – You can now launch the Foldr web app from the context menu
- Fix – App could stall when signing in and out repeatedly
- This release has many performance tweaks to make Foldr for macOS even snappier!
- New – Menu bar icon pulses when signing in.
- New – Finder extension shows checkout status of your files and allows you to check in/out from the context menu!
- Fix – High CPU usage in macOS High Sierra 10.13
- Fix – App no longer prompts to move after an update.
- Fix – sign in not showing when selected from menu or account preferences.
- Fix – App no longer prompts to move after an update.
- New – Replace the ‘Drive Preferences’ icon with our nice new version.
- Enhancement – Dismiss the sign-in screen once the drive is mounted.
- Enhancement – Update FUSE on startup when necessary.
- New – Provide the ability to rename the Foldr drive.
- New – Update the icon used for the Foldr drive.
- Fix – The Foldr icon can show up multiple times in the sidebar.