Foldr Server Release Notes
What’s new in Foldr 4?
– Google G Suite (Personal Drive and Team Drives), OneDrive/SharePoint,Office Online, Amazon S3, Dropbox & Box integration
– New UI
– Windows drive mapping client
– Enhanced sharing tools and bookmarks
– Two factor authentication support
– Active Directory Password Control (Personal, delegated reset and self-service password reset)
– Clustered appliance support
– Multi tenancy mode
– Free signed SSL certificates
– iOS offline sync
– Powerful search. Quickly search across multiple storage areas (on-premise or cloud storage) by file name or textual content inside documents
Foldr Appliance Release Notes
Update 126.96.36.199(13th April 2018)
- Additional OneDrive fix for overwriting files
Update 188.8.131.52(13th April 2018)
- Further improves OneDrive files access when using manual account linking
Update 184.108.40.206(12th April 2018)
- Fixes an issue with file sharing from OneDrive with manual linking
- Fixes an issue with Active Directory accounts that have no UPN being unable to sign in
Update 220.127.116.11(10th April 2018)
- SSO IdP improvements – Better handling of relay state, signing out and new Service Provider templates for FreshDesk and Canvas LMS
- Added SHA1 to fingerprints for SSO IdP
- Search Improvements – configurable search host and core per share
- Prevent search bots indexing public links
Update 18.104.22.168(26th March 2018)
- Migrate from deprecated Google batch API
- Provide links to client apps in the web app menu (top right of UI)
- Show app links in Foldr Settings
- Fixes an issue with NTLM
Update 22.214.171.124(26th March 2018)
- *New* Provides the option of using the UPN when connecting to WebDAV storage, such as on-premise SharePoint servers
- Tweaks to the Foldr Settings interface
Update 126.96.36.199(22nd March 2018)
- *New* Search improvements – Search across all locations, both on-premise SMB shares and cloud storage. Search results presented to users in a tabbed view.
- *New* Search OCR can now be enabled on a per share / URI basis. Includes support for OCR in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Simple Chinese
- *New* Support for Office 365 Teams – use %teams% Share URI to present a users team storage locations
- *New* Passwords for public links – new passwords tab in the Share dialog allows a user to set a static password to protect access to public links.
- *New* Support for OneDrive Personal
- Fixes an issue with linking certain cloud accounts manually in iOS
- Fixes an issue with uploading files to OneDrive if the file was in a certain size window
Update 188.8.131.52(16th March 2018)
- *New* Share Pointers. This feature allows the administrator to create shares with no paths and nest other storage locations inside. This allows you to organise your storage locations as required by type / function.
- *New* Improved behaviour for manual account linking with the following cloud services: Office 365, Google GSuite, Dropbox and Box – All cloud shares will be visble in My Files, when a user clicks on a cloud location they will be prompted to link the account.
- *New* Replace legacy WebDAV support for Box with their OAuth2 API
- *New* Switch to using the Microsoft Graph API for manual account linking
- *New* Foldr Groups for sharing can now be made available to other users in an organisation
- Fixes an issue to prevent multiple requests from being sent by the SSO IdP
Update 184.108.40.206(6th March 2018)
- *New* Password Policies can now be configured in Foldr for Active Directory, local and external (secure public link) users. This feature can be configured within Foldr Settings > Security > Password Policies
- Fixes an issue in the Foldr Settings UI for password prompts and Kerberos
- Fixes an issue with editing macro-enabled Office documents (.xlsm, .docm & .pptm) via the web app
- New UI colour for Foldr Settings
Update 220.127.116.11(5th March 2018)
- *New* Pwned Passwords! Enables support for the API at haveibeenpwned.com – Pwned Passwords are half a billion real world passwords previously exposed in data breaches. This exposure makes them unsuitable for ongoing use as they’re at much greater risk of being used to take over other accounts. This feature checks any password that is changed through Foldr against their database before permitting or rejecting the change. This feature can be configured within Foldr Settings > Services > Pwned Passwords and configurable setting is provided to define a threshold for the number of times the password is found in the haveibeenpwned.com database (default is 10)
- Fixes an issue with resolving group memberships for the delegated password reset feature
- Fixes a performance issue with the Me menu in web app
- Updates all core OS packages
Update 18.104.22.168(26th February 2018)
- *New* Content place holder animation in web app
- *New* Improved scrolling behaviour in the web app, due to file list virtualisation
- *New* Configurable Search Domains. In a multi-tenant system the search domain suffix can be configured on a per tenant basis under the tadmin account.
- *New* Usability Improvements for Foldr Settings Users & Groups and Shared Items pages
- Added a latest argument to the backup restore command
- Fixes an issue with Search crawls not completing if Excel files are held open on the network
- Fix for password change prompts with mobile apps running in Shared mode
Update 22.214.171.124(9th February 2018)
- *New* Support for local user accounts and groups in Foldr. Users can be created on the Foldr appliance to support environments without an Active Directory domain or provide guest access
- *New* Granular 2FA Trusted Devices
- *New* Sort Users & Groups in Foldr Settings by type
- *New* Automatic upgrade notification in main Foldr Settings landing page
- *New* Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate installation logging. (see Logs > Certs.log)
- Fixes an issue with Secure Links if set to expire on download
- Fixes an issue with the image optimisation feature
Update 126.96.36.199(2nd February 2018)
- *New* Foldr can now automatically optimise images. This will use smart compression techniques to reduce the file size of images (JPG or PNG) on upload with little noticeable decrease in quality. This feature has to be enabled on a per share basis within Foldr Settings >> Shares >> Tools tab.
- Fixes an issue with SharePoint Online libraries and automatic account linking
Update 188.8.131.52(20th January 2018)
- Fixes an issue with device remove in Foldr Settings > Users & Groups
- Fixes an issue with SSO and unregistered devices
Update 184.108.40.206(19th January 2018)
- Fixes an issue with Kerberos SSO.
Update 220.127.116.11(15th January 2018)
- Fixes an issue with OneDrive authentication tokens expiring with manual account linking. This was causing an error in the web app if a user tried to edit a local Office document in Office Online without refreshing the authentication token by browsing OneDrive first through Foldr.
Update 18.104.22.168(11th January 2018)
- Last login time now shown for fadmin in Foldr Settings
- Fixes an issue with user filtering when exporting Activity logs
Update 22.214.171.124(10th January 2018)
- Minor improvements to Backup & Restore
- Updated libraries for creating Word documents
- Fix for SSO attribute management as tenant admin
- SSO service provider template for Schoolbox
Update 126.96.36.199 (6th January 2018)
- Minor improvements to appliance Backup & Restore
- Updated libraries used when creating Office documents
- SSO service provider template for Schoolbox
- Fix for SSO attribute management with the tenant admin
Update 188.8.131.52 (3rd January 2018)
- Displays the public link URL in Foldr Settings > Shared Items
- Fixes an issue with SSO IdP and Kerberos
Update 184.108.40.206 (27th December 2017)
- Fixes an issue with editing Office documents with on-premise SharePoint
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (23rd December 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the web app move / duplicate picker
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (20th December 2017)
- *New* Appliance backup
- *New* Granular schedule configuration of search crawl jobs
- *New* Logging for fadmin console/SSH access
- *New* Logging for admin web UI access
- *New* Ability to select folders in external picker
- *New* Kerberos SSO support in external file picker
- *New* Kerberos support for forthcoming Windows / macOS updates
- Performance improvements for OneDrive and SharePoint
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (7th December 2017)
- Fixes an issue with sharing and collaborative editing in Office 365 / OneDrive when using automatic account linking
- Fixes an issue with sending email via O365/Exchange
- Fixes an issue with pagination in Two Factor >> Active Users
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (6th December 2017)
- *New* Share secure public files / folders quickly. The web app will now present external email addresses used previously when sharing content via secure public links
- Fixes an issue with the Search >> Clients tab in Foldr Settings
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (5th December 2017)
- *New* Database recovery commands to restore an infrastructure cluster after unexpected shutdown (i.e. power failure)
- *New* Configurable appliance email sender name (General >> Mail Settings)
- *New* Google search default has been changed to name contains
- Numerous search performance improvements and fixes
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (30th November 2017)
- *New* Password strength meter for password change, delegated password reset and self-service reset.
- *New* Force SMB3 only using the command ‘smb-mode edge’
- Fixes an issue when changing password if AD ‘change password at next logon’ flag is enabled
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (29th November 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Let’s Encrypt certificate installations
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (27th November 2017)
- Fixes an issue with IdP-initiated login
- Fixes an issue with Kerberos SSO
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (26th November 2017)<
- *New* Search Enhancements.
– Cloud storage (Google Drive, OneDrive, SharePoint Online and Dropbox) is now searchable in Foldr.
– The administrator can mark each share / cloud storage so it is individually selectable in the Search menu. This allows a user to choose specifically which SMB share or cloud storage they are searching against. (web app only, iOS update to support this is coming shortly)
The administrator can enable ‘Show as location in search?’ within Foldr Settings >> Shares >> Search tab.
- Fixes an issue when editing shared individual Google Documents
- Change the text labels on the public link button
- Provide alternate SMB mode option
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (13th November 2017)
- *New* Support for on-premise SharePoint 2013 / 2016 servers. Present your SharePoint sites in Foldr alongside any other storage location – KB article here
- Fixes an issue with collaborative editing in Google G Suite and SharePoint online
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (10th November 2017)
- Fixes an issue with SSO IdP
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (7th November 2017)
- Fixes an issue with share name visibility on some networks
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (5th November 2017)
- Fixes an issue with SharePoint and automated 365 account linking
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (23rd October 2017)
- *New* Service Provider SSO sign out – Signs the user out of AD FS when you sign out of the web app
- Fixes an issue with SSO introduced in the 4.4 update
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (20th October 2017)
- *New* Automatic account linking for Office 365. Using a service account, Foldr can now match an Active Directory attribute (email address or UPN) to the Office 365 user so that the correct OneDrive &/or SharePoint storage areas are presented to users automatically.
- *New * Secure Public Links – Public links can now be restricted to external users by specifying their email address. The Foldr appliance will send email notifications to people that have an item shared with them and external users can set their own password for accessing their links.
- *New* Appliance system metrics in Foldr Settings – CPU, memory and disk usage graphs are available under the Appliance tab.
- *New* Sort shared items in /settings by public status.
- *New* Search index exclusions by file type is now possible, with default exclusions for any newly created URI
- Fixes an issue caused by an unexpected length for the Mobile attribute in Active Directory
- Re-organised (tabbed) share permissions screen in Foldr Setting >> Shares
- Improvements to speed up the login process
- All underlying operating system, security updates and other associated packages updated to the latest available release.
- PHP upgraded to latest release
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (20th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Sharing
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (17th September 2017)
- *New* – Advanced user activity filtering. Filter user activity logs to a date range, username, share(s) or even to an individual file. Available within Foldr Settings >> Activity >> Filter
- Backend improvements to Foldr Search.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (12th September 2017)
- *New* – Test Settings now checks for the presence of a suitable A / host record on the internal DNS server(s). Failure to create a host record for Foldr can result in poor SMB performance.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (11th September 2017)
- *New* – Introduces Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to Foldr Search. The search appliance can now analyse images, scanned documents / PDFs etc for text and add them to the search index. OCR can be enabled for new search cores within Foldr Settings >> Search >>Service.
- Fixes an issue with file rename and move operations with nested DFS namespaces.
- Fixes an issue with password change
- Fixes an issue Office Online editing.
- Fixes an issue with renamed groups in Active Directory which may lead to authentication issues.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (5th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with nested DFS namespaces.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (4th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the web app lock option.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (3rd September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with 2FA if used within a private browser window.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (1st September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with delegated password control in the web app.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (31st August 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the My Files context menu in Firefox
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (30th August 2017)
- *New* Context menu available when right-clicking in My Files
- Improves the behaviour of the Search interface. The search box will no longer lose focus as results are retrieved.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (27th August 2017)
- *New* ‘Lock’ button now available in web app (via top right menu)
- Improves the behaviour of the Home / My Files and Shared with Me buttons in the web app. Clicking on an active tab will take you to the root of that particular view.
- Improves the behaviour of the web app’s idle timeout and signing out when you have multiple browser tabs open.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (24th August 2017)
- When creating a new Microsoft Office or G Suite file using the + menu in the web app, the user is now immediately prompted for the file name, rather than use ‘New Document’ etc.
- Fixes an issue with SMS being available for selection when the notification channel hasn’t been activated or configured.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (22nd August 2017)
- *New* Foldr Search (beta) is now available. Users can search all SMB shares with fast results. Search for file names, keywords inside files and more. See following KB for more information
- *New* Environment variables available when configuring Share paths in Foldr Settings. employeeNumber and employeeID using %employeeNumber% and %employeeID% respectively.
- Fixes an issue with Public Links from Box.
- All underlying operating system, security updates and other associated packages updated to the latest available release.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (4th August 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Internet Explorer 11 and captcha images used with self-service password reset
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (27th July 2017)
- *New* Google verification file support. This is required for linking personal Google account after a recent security change with G-Suite.
- Fixes an issue with Windows client app settings. (AV required, ransomware checking etc)
- Fixes an issue with Inbox and email being sent from Office 365.
- Fixes an issue with LDAP Search and Active Directory contacts.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (20th July 2017)
- Fixes an issue with linking Telegram Messenger account
- Fixes an issue with automatic updates
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (11th July 2017)
- *New* Password notifications via email when changing passwords in Foldr.
- Provides new /?extensions=1|0 query string option to hide file extensions in public links.
- Fixes an issue with modified date column when embedding Public Links.
- Updates all core OS packages.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (29th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with offline folders in the iOS app.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (27th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue mobile apps signing into a child / sub domain using the account UPN.
- Highlights the smb prefix and other variables used in Foldr Settings >> Shares to improve readability (smb:// %homefolder% etc)
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (24th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the Chrome browser and it’s scrolling behaviour if listing a share / folder with over 100 items.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (19th June 2017)
- *New* Configurable search filtering for users when using sharing and creating groups. This can be found within Foldr Settings >> General >> Configuration. By default this feature is OFF. If search filtering is enabled but no users or groups are defined by the administrator, users will be unable to search Active Directory. Groups created inside Foldr (through My Groups) will always be searchable regardless of the search filter configured.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (19th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the Foldr Users >> Security page
- Fixes an issue with the Foldr Settings usage graphs
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (16th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with OAuth / account linking and the Non-Foldr client toggle in Devices >> Configuration
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (15th June 2017)
- Installs updated OS packages
- Fixes an issue with the Google G-Suite domains filter in Foldr Settings >> Services >> Google G-Suite
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (14th June 2017)
- Improves CORS support
- Added version column in Foldr Settings >> Devices for client apps
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (11th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with iOS devices in Shared mode.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (11th June 2017)
- *New* Self-service Password Reset – Allow users to securely reset a forgotten Active Directory password via unlock code delivered by email, SMS or Telegram Messenger.
- *New* Support for the following new services/notifications – SMS providers Twillio, Nexmo & AWS, Telegram Messenger and user configurable personal email addresses and mobile phone numbers.
- *New* Usage statistics and summary graphs available in Foldr Settings >> General >> Status. This release provides the following (Custom reports coming soon):
– Active Users This Week
– Data Transferred This Week (in MB)
– Top Active Users This Week
– Most Downloaded Files This Week
– Recently Shared
– Sign-Ins This Week
- *New* Administrator controls per user under Foldr Settings >> Users & Groups. Reset passwords, revoke devices, 2FA status and see user specific stats.
- *New* Redesigned web app menu (top right of interface). Services & Secutity menus consolidated into menu item labelled ‘Me’
- *New* ‘Me’ menu provided allows users to configure their own personal mobile and email addresses to be used for self-service password reset.
- *New* Multiple Search DN entries can now be configured
- *New* Granular access control by user/group and location for client apps. Enable / disable client access and specify options for:
– Web app
– iOS app
– Android app
– Windows drive mapping client (Mac client coming soon)
– Other (Non-Foldr) clients
- *New* Administrative control of the Foldr Windows client. Allows the administrator to set requirements on the client before allowing it to connect:
– Antivirus status (is the AV software up to date and running)
– Ransomware rename protection (bulk rename detection)
– Ransomware file extension checking
- *New* Location based Share permissions. Restrict access to individual shares from users/groups based upon location. Example, present shares 1,2 & 3 to users inside the company network, but only shares 1 & 3 externally.
- *New* Enhanced customisation options for the web app within Foldr Settings >> Customise. Options now available:
– Change the sign in and title text
– Change the colour of the web interface top banner and text
– Upload a custom logo for the sign in screen
– Show the logo in the top banner
– Upload a custom background wallpaper
- *New* Custom Headers available within Foldr Settings >> Customise. Can be used to allow Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (Allowing other web services to make requests to the Foldr appliance)
- Other bug related fixes and performance improvements.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (20th April 2017)
- Fixes an issue with previewing files through public links
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (13th April 2017)
- Provides support for upcoming iOS sync / offline files feature
- Fixes an issue with share permissions
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (7th April 2017)
- *New* Inbox – The Foldr appliance can now be configured to receive email and place the attachments automatically into a shared folders. This feature must be enabled in the Share Permissions on a per share basis. The built-in firewall needs to be configured to open TCP port 25 inbound as required.
- *New* Location based access – Allow users / groups to only sign in from certain locations / subnets. This feature can be accessed within Foldr Settings >> Security >> Use Foldr & Use Foldr Drive.
- Disables WebDAV responses from the system’s root URL.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (31st March 2017)
- Improves SharePoint performance
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (31st March 2017)
- Increases log retention to 90 days
- Changes the log file delimiter to tabs making them easier to analyse in Excel
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (29th March 2017)
- *New*Google Team Drive support. The organisation’s Team Drive root can be presented to users using the Share URI **%googleteamdrive%** or specific Team Drives can be presented using **%googleteamdrive%/Team-Drive-ID** The Team Drive ID string can be found on the tail of the URL by logging into Google >> Google Drive >> Team Drive >> Selecting the Team Drive you wish to present to users.
- Fixes an issue where Active Directory accounts that have the flag ‘password never expires’ set, but the accounts password age goes beyond the domain’s maximum password age policy
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (27th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Office editing / Check outs in ‘Managed’ shared folders
- Fixes an issue with public links
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (20th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with renaming files on SharePoint sites
- Support for French localisation
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (15th March 2017)
- Uses an improved OpenSSH server configuration, removes support for weaker ciphers
- Fixes an issue with Public Links and the embed and modified date query strings
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (14th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with SharePoint sites and uploading Office documents
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (7th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with iBooks files being downloaded incorrectly from Safari on macOS. Added mime type support and icon for .ibooks files
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (6th March 2017)
- *New* Support for Hyper-V production checkpoints on Windows Server 2016
- *New* ?modified=0 query string for use with public links to remove the modified date
- Fixes an issue with the Shared With Me web app if no items are shared
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (3rd March 2017)
- *New* Devices tab in Foldr Settings
- *New* Support for per device licencing
- Fixes an issue with the update status dialog
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (2nd March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Office editing in the web app (locally installed applications) and check outs.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (1st March 2017)
- *New* Configurable ciphers using ‘set-ciphers modern | default‘ console command (modern = enables TLS 1.2 only and disables medium strength 3DES cipher suites)
- *New* The default behaviour of caching encrypted passwords can be disabled within Foldr Settings >> Security >> Password Settings. Note – you must connect to all SMB & WebDAV shares using a service account in conjunction with the ‘use service account for all access’ toggle if this is selected.
- *New* Private Links now available with using the Share tool. A direct URL is given in the Sharing dialog and requires the user to authenticate when using the link.
- Fixes an issue with large uploads to OneDrive, Dropbox and Box
- Fixes an issue with large file move/copy between cloud platforms
- Fixes an issue with file check outs
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (18th February 2017)
- Updates all underlying OS packages to the latest available versions.
- Updates PHP 7 packages
- Updates SMB packages
- Improved logging in times due to new permissions checking routine
- Fixes an issue with visibility of My Bookmarks, Share By/With Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with edit in Google G-Suite with Amazon S3 shares
- *New* Checkouts in shared folders with Manage permissions
- *New* Collaborative editing in Office Online from OneDrive Manage shared folders
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (14th February 2017)
- Fixes an issue with local Office editing
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (6th February 2017)
- *New* Check Out and Manage Check Out Share Permissions – Allow users to check a file out for offline editing purposes and alert other users that the file is being worked upon. When a file is checked out, other users will be unable to edit the file.
- *New* Collaborative editing in Microsoft Office Online for SharePoint document libraries
- Fixes an issue with delegated password reset
- *New* Customise web app login screen text from Foldr Settings >> Customise. The ‘Title’ text replaces ‘Foldr v4’ at the top left of the web interface.
- *New* Google Drive shares – Create new G Suite and Office documents from + menu in the web app
- *New* fadmin console commands – flush-cache & smb1 enable|disable
- Fixes an issue with Activity Feed date format
- Fixes an issue with Apache log settings
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (19th January 2017)
- Fixes an issue where the SSO (Service Provider) feature could produce an invalid SAML assertion error if system time between Foldr and the IdP (AD FS) is out of sync
- Fixes an issue with file visibility within Share By/With Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with delegated password reset
- *New* Public links URLs can now be displayed using ../browse/?embed=1 which removes header text and the main Download button. Intended for use where public links are embedded in a web page.
- *New* console command for the fadmin account to force time sync with an NTP server – time-sync x.x.x.x
- *New*console command to support for OCSP stapling, this is required for HIPAA and NIST compliance – ocsp-enable/disable
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (11th January 2017)
- *New* Foldr can now act as a SAML SSO Identity Provider or Service Provider. IdP built-in templates are available for Office 365, G Suite, Roombooking System and ClickView. SSO SP integration has been tested against AD FS. Please note this feature is being made available initially as part of a beta testing phase. Please feedback to email@example.com regarding any issues / comments about the SSO functionality.
- *New* Amazon S3 storage support (beta)
- Fixes an issue with WebDAV shares (FireFly) using [ ] characters in the URL
- Fixes an issue with share permissions and nested groups
- Fixes an authentication issue if Active Directory groups are recreated using the same name
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (23rd December 2016)
- Fixes an issue with the NTP service
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (14th December 2016)
- Additional commands made available to the administrative fadmin account:
– du, df, systemctl, journalctl, ldapsearch and smbclient
- Fixes an issue with blank spaces in the Activity Feed
- Changes made to the error page if there is an issue connecting / downloading files from a cloud storage provider
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (7th December 2016)
- *New* Activity Feed in the web app to show contextual sharing and security notifications. Hand-out, hand-in, hand-back and manage sharing activity shown to the user with quick links to take you straight to relevant the file or folder.
- *New* Microsoft SharePoint Online / Office 365 shared document library support
- Performance improvements when presenting multiple cloud services
- Fixes an issue with database connectivity in the event of incorrectly configuring infrastructure settings
- Various interface fixes within Foldr Settings
- Email notification support for available and installed updates
- Fixes an issue with the Test email notification
- Fixes an issue with SMB timeouts on slower networks
- Fixes an issue with editing .ppt files from the web app
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (16th November 2016)
- *New* Microsoft Office, G Suite and Office Online editing now available for Office files in Managed shared folders
- *New* Collaborative editing in Managed shared folders for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides files
- *New* Shares can now be re-ordered within Foldr Settings > Shares by drag and drop
- *New* Drag and drop / move now available in Managed shared folders
- *New* Create new documents in Managed shared folders
- Fixes a display issue with Managed folders
- Fixes an issue with the Dropbox service account screen and saving if only the access token is configured
- Now visually differentiates between LDAP, Google and Dropbox service accounts
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (14th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue with password changes that include the ampersand character
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (11th November 2016)
- *New* Dropbox cloud storage support. Present personal Dropbox accounts or share a single Dropbox across multiple users
- *New* Box cloud storage support. Present personal Box accounts or share a single Box account storage across multiple users
- Fixes an issue with logging paths in public links
- Fixes an issue with Shared By Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with lock headers in Microsoft Office for Mac v15.27 affecting live document editing from the web app
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (8th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue where the configured LDAP server is not prefixed correctly
- Hides the ‘Edit in MS Office’ button on Chrome OS devices
- Removes the ‘Edit in Google G Suite’ button for editing legacy Office files (.doc .xls & .ppt) on cloud platforms
- Patches the appliance against Linux security vulnerability ‘Dirty COW’ as described here
- Enables a custom NETBIOS domain to be configured within Foldr Settings >> Appliance for NAS and other storage that use the short domain name for authentication. This is used in conjunction with the short domain switch introduced in v126.96.36.199
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (6th November 2016)
- *New* ‘Use short domain name’ switch added to share configuration page to support storage that requires credentials to be passed using NETBIOS domain names (FreeNAS, Netgear ReadyNAS)
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (5th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue with exporting & downloading log files
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (3rd November 2016)
- Minor change regarding Active Directory domain name handling
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (3rd November 2016)
- Fixed an issue with password change control on 2012R2 domains with a lower functional level
- Interface tweaks, bug fixes and enhancements
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (1st November 2016)
- Additional PHP libraries
- Fixed an issue with authentication
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (31st October 2016)
- *New* Delegated Active Directory password reset
- *New* Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate authority support (free signed certificates with automatic renewal)
- Updated PHP libraries
- Performance improvements
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (25th October 2016)
- Updated SMB libraries
- Numerous web interface fixes
- Performance improvements
- Google service account support
- *New* My Bookmarks feature in the web app