Foldr Appliance v4
What’s new in Foldr 4?
– Google G Suite (Personal Drive and Team Drives), OneDrive/SharePoint,Office Online, Amazon S3, Dropbox & Box integration
– New UI
– Windows drive mapping client
– Enhanced sharing tools and bookmarks
– Two factor authentication support
– Active Directory Password Control (Personal, delegated reset and self-service password reset)
– Clustered appliance support
– Multi tenancy mode
– Free signed SSL certificates
– iOS offline sync
– Powerful search. Quickly search across multiple storage areas by file name or textual content inside documents
Foldr Appliance Release Notes
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (20th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Sharing
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (17th September 2017)
- *New* – Advanced user activity filtering. Filter user activity logs to a date range, username, share(s) or even to an individual file. Available within Foldr Settings >> Activity >> Filter
- Backend improvements to Foldr Search.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (12th September 2017)
- *New* – Test Settings now checks for the presence of a suitable A / host record on the internal DNS server(s). Failure to create a host record for Foldr can result in poor SMB performance.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (11th September 2017)
- *New* – Introduces Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to Foldr Search. The search appliance can now analyse images, scanned documents / PDFs etc for text and add them to the search index. OCR can be enabled for new search cores within Foldr Settings >> Search >>Service.
- Fixes an issue with file rename and move operations with nested DFS namespaces.
- Fixes an issue with password change
- Fixes an issue Office Online editing.
- Fixes an issue with renamed groups in Active Directory which may lead to authentication issues.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (5th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with nested DFS namespaces.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (4th September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the web app lock option.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (3rd September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with 2FA if used within a private browser window.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (1st September 2017)
- Fixes an issue with delegated password control in the web app.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (31st August 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the My Files context menu in Firefox
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (30th August 2017)
- *New* Context menu available when right-clicking in My Files
- Improves the behaviour of the Search interface. The search box will no longer lose focus as results are retrieved.
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (27th August 2017)
- *New* ‘Lock’ button now available in web app (via top right menu)
- Improves the behaviour of the Home / My Files and Shared with Me buttons in the web app. Clicking on an active tab will take you to the root of that particular view.
- Improves the behaviour of the web app’s idle timeout and signing out when you have multiple browser tabs open.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (24th August 2017)
- When creating a new Microsoft Office or G Suite file using the + menu in the web app, the user is now immediately prompted for the file name, rather than use ‘New Document’ etc.
- Fixes an issue with SMS being available for selection when the notification channel hasn’t been activated or configured.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (22nd August 2017)
- *New* Foldr Search (beta) is now available. Users can search all SMB shares with fast results. Search for file names, keywords inside files and more. See following KB for more information
- *New* Environment variables available when configuring Share paths in Foldr Settings. employeeNumber and employeeID using %employeeNumber% and %employeeID% respectively.
- Fixes an issue with Public Links from Box.
- All underlying operating system, security updates and other associated packages updated to the latest available release.
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (4th August 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Internet Explorer 11 and captcha images used with self-service password reset
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (27th July 2017)
- *New* Google verification file support. This is required for linking personal Google account after a recent security change with G-Suite.
- Fixes an issue with Windows client app settings. (AV required, ransomware checking etc)
- Fixes an issue with Inbox and email being sent from Office 365.
- Fixes an issue with LDAP Search and Active Directory contacts.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (20th July 2017)
- Fixes an issue with linking Telegram Messenger account
- Fixes an issue with automatic updates
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (11th July 2017)
- *New* Password notifications via email when changing passwords in Foldr.
- Provides new /?extensions=1|0 query string option to hide file extensions in public links.
- Fixes an issue with modified date column when embedding Public Links.
- Updates all core OS packages.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (29th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with offline folders in the iOS app.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (27th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue mobile apps signing into a child / sub domain using the account UPN.
- Highlights the smb prefix and other variables used in Foldr Settings >> Shares to improve readability (smb:// %homefolder% etc)
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (24th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the Chrome browser and it’s scrolling behaviour if listing a share / folder with over 100 items.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (19th June 2017)
- *New* Configurable search filtering for users when using sharing and creating groups. This can be found within Foldr Settings >> General >> Configuration. By default this feature is OFF. If search filtering is enabled but no users or groups are defined by the administrator, users will be unable to search Active Directory. Groups created inside Foldr (through My Groups) will always be searchable regardless of the search filter configured.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (19th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with the Foldr Users >> Security page
- Fixes an issue with the Foldr Settings usage graphs
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (16th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with OAuth / account linking and the Non-Foldr client toggle in Devices >> Configuration
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (15th June 2017)
- Installs updated OS packages
- Fixes an issue with the Google G-Suite domains filter in Foldr Settings >> Services >> Google G-Suite
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (14th June 2017)
- Improves CORS support
- Added version column in Foldr Settings >> Devices for client apps
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (11th June 2017)
- Fixes an issue with iOS devices in Shared mode.
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (11th June 2017)
- *New* Self-service Password Reset – Allow users to securely reset a forgotten Active Directory password via unlock code delivered by email, SMS or Telegram Messenger.
- *New* Support for the following new services/notifications – SMS providers Twillio, Nexmo & AWS, Telegram Messenger and user configurable personal email addresses and mobile phone numbers.
- *New* Usage statistics and summary graphs available in Foldr Settings >> General >> Status. This release provides the following (Custom reports coming soon):
– Active Users This Week
– Data Transferred This Week (in MB)
– Top Active Users This Week
– Most Downloaded Files This Week
– Recently Shared
– Sign-Ins This Week
- *New* Administrator controls per user under Foldr Settings >> Users & Groups. Reset passwords, revoke devices, 2FA status and see user specific stats.
- *New* Redesigned web app menu (top right of interface). Services & Secutity menus consolidated into menu item labelled ‘Me’
- *New* ‘Me’ menu provided allows users to configure their own personal mobile and email addresses to be used for self-service password reset.
- *New* Multiple Search DN entries can now be configured
- *New* Granular access control by user/group and location for client apps. Enable / disable client access and specify options for:
– Web app
– iOS app
– Android app
– Windows drive mapping client (Mac client coming soon)
– Other (Non-Foldr) clients
- *New* Administrative control of the Foldr Windows client. Allows the administrator to set requirements on the client before allowing it to connect:
– Antivirus status (is the AV software up to date and running)
– Ransomware rename protection (bulk rename detection)
– Ransomware file extension checking
- *New* Location based Share permissions. Restrict access to individual shares from users/groups based upon location. Example, present shares 1,2 & 3 to users inside the company network, but only shares 1 & 3 externally.
- *New* Enhanced customisation options for the web app within Foldr Settings >> Customise. Options now available:
– Change the sign in and title text
– Change the colour of the web interface top banner and text
– Upload a custom logo for the sign in screen
– Show the logo in the top banner
– Upload a custom background wallpaper
- *New* Custom Headers available within Foldr Settings >> Customise. Can be used to allow Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (Allowing other web services to make requests to the Foldr appliance)
- Other bug related fixes and performance improvements.
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (20th April 2017)
- Fixes an issue with previewing files through public links
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (13th April 2017)
- Provides support for upcoming iOS sync / offline files feature
- Fixes an issue with share permissions
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (7th April 2017)
- *New* Inbox – The Foldr appliance can now be configured to receive email and place the attachments automatically into a shared folders. This feature must be enabled in the Share Permissions on a per share basis. The built-in firewall needs to be configured to open TCP port 25 inbound as required.
- *New* Location based access – Allow users / groups to only sign in from certain locations / subnets. This feature can be accessed within Foldr Settings >> Security >> Use Foldr & Use Foldr Drive.
- Disables WebDAV responses from the system’s root URL.
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (31st March 2017)
- Improves SharePoint performance
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (31st March 2017)
- Increases log retention to 90 days
- Changes the log file delimiter to tabs making them easier to analyse in Excel
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (29th March 2017)
- *New*Google Team Drive support. The organisation’s Team Drive root can be presented to users using the Share URI **%googleteamdrive%** or specific Team Drives can be presented using **%googleteamdrive%/Team-Drive-ID** The Team Drive ID string can be found on the tail of the URL by logging into Google >> Google Drive >> Team Drive >> Selecting the Team Drive you wish to present to users.
- Fixes an issue where Active Directory accounts that have the flag ‘password never expires’ set, but the accounts password age goes beyond the domain’s maximum password age policy
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (27th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Office editing / Check outs in ‘Managed’ shared folders
- Fixes an issue with public links
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (20th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with renaming files on SharePoint sites
- Support for French localisation
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (15th March 2017)
- Uses an improved OpenSSH server configuration, removes support for weaker ciphers
- Fixes an issue with Public Links and the embed and modified date query strings
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (14th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with SharePoint sites and uploading Office documents
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (7th March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with iBooks files being downloaded incorrectly from Safari on macOS. Added mime type support and icon for .ibooks files
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (6th March 2017)
- *New* Support for Hyper-V production checkpoints on Windows Server 2016
- *New* ?modified=0 query string for use with public links to remove the modified date
- Fixes an issue with the Shared With Me web app if no items are shared
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (3rd March 2017)
- *New* Devices tab in Foldr Settings
- *New* Support for per device licencing
- Fixes an issue with the update status dialog
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (2nd March 2017)
- Fixes an issue with Office editing in the web app (locally installed applications) and check outs.
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (1st March 2017)
- *New* Configurable ciphers using ‘set-ciphers modern | default‘ console command (modern = enables TLS 1.2 only and disables medium strength 3DES cipher suites)
- *New* The default behaviour of caching encrypted passwords can be disabled within Foldr Settings >> Security >> Password Settings. Note – you must connect to all SMB & WebDAV shares using a service account in conjunction with the ‘use service account for all access’ toggle if this is selected.
- *New* Private Links now available with using the Share tool. A direct URL is given in the Sharing dialog and requires the user to authenticate when using the link.
- Fixes an issue with large uploads to OneDrive, Dropbox and Box
- Fixes an issue with large file move/copy between cloud platforms
- Fixes an issue with file check outs
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (18th February 2017)
- Updates all underlying OS packages to the latest available versions.
- Updates PHP 7 packages
- Updates SMB packages
- Improved logging in times due to new permissions checking routine
- Fixes an issue with visibility of My Bookmarks, Share By/With Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with edit in Google G-Suite with Amazon S3 shares
- *New* Checkouts in shared folders with Manage permissions
- *New* Collaborative editing in Office Online from OneDrive Manage shared folders
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (14th February 2017)
- Fixes an issue with local Office editing
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (6th February 2017)
- *New* Check Out and Manage Check Out Share Permissions – Allow users to check a file out for offline editing purposes and alert other users that the file is being worked upon. When a file is checked out, other users will be unable to edit the file.
- *New* Collaborative editing in Microsoft Office Online for SharePoint document libraries
- Fixes an issue with delegated password reset
- *New* Customise web app login screen text from Foldr Settings >> Customise. The ‘Title’ text replaces ‘Foldr v4’ at the top left of the web interface.
- *New* Google Drive shares – Create new G Suite and Office documents from + menu in the web app
- *New* fadmin console commands – flush-cache & smb1 enable|disable
- Fixes an issue with Activity Feed date format
- Fixes an issue with Apache log settings
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (19th January 2017)
- Fixes an issue where the SSO (Service Provider) feature could produce an invalid SAML assertion error if system time between Foldr and the IdP (AD FS) is out of sync
- Fixes an issue with file visibility within Share By/With Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with delegated password reset
- *New* Public links URLs can now be displayed using ../browse/?embed=1 which removes header text and the main Download button. Intended for use where public links are embedded in a web page.
- *New* console command for the fadmin account to force time sync with an NTP server – time-sync x.x.x.x
- *New*console command to support for OCSP stapling, this is required for HIPAA and NIST compliance – ocsp-enable/disable
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (11th January 2017)
- *New* Foldr can now act as a SAML SSO Identity Provider or Service Provider. IdP built-in templates are available for Office 365, G Suite, Roombooking System and ClickView. SSO SP integration has been tested against AD FS. Please note this feature is being made available initially as part of a beta testing phase. Please feedback to email@example.com regarding any issues / comments about the SSO functionality.
- *New* Amazon S3 storage support (beta)
- Fixes an issue with WebDAV shares (FireFly) using [ ] characters in the URL
- Fixes an issue with share permissions and nested groups
- Fixes an authentication issue if Active Directory groups are recreated using the same name
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (23rd December 2016)
- Fixes an issue with the NTP service
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (14th December 2016)
- Additional commands made available to the administrative fadmin account:
– du, df, systemctl, journalctl, ldapsearch and smbclient
- Fixes an issue with blank spaces in the Activity Feed
- Changes made to the error page if there is an issue connecting / downloading files from a cloud storage provider
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (7th December 2016)
- *New* Activity Feed in the web app to show contextual sharing and security notifications. Hand-out, hand-in, hand-back and manage sharing activity shown to the user with quick links to take you straight to relevant the file or folder.
- *New* Microsoft SharePoint Online / Office 365 shared document library support
- Performance improvements when presenting multiple cloud services
- Fixes an issue with database connectivity in the event of incorrectly configuring infrastructure settings
- Various interface fixes within Foldr Settings
- Email notification support for available and installed updates
- Fixes an issue with the Test email notification
- Fixes an issue with SMB timeouts on slower networks
- Fixes an issue with editing .ppt files from the web app
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (16th November 2016)
- *New* Microsoft Office, G Suite and Office Online editing now available for Office files in Managed shared folders
- *New* Collaborative editing in Managed shared folders for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides files
- *New* Shares can now be re-ordered within Foldr Settings > Shares by drag and drop
- *New* Drag and drop / move now available in Managed shared folders
- *New* Create new documents in Managed shared folders
- Fixes a display issue with Managed folders
- Fixes an issue with the Dropbox service account screen and saving if only the access token is configured
- Now visually differentiates between LDAP, Google and Dropbox service accounts
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (14th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue with password changes that include the ampersand character
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (11th November 2016)
- *New* Dropbox cloud storage support. Present personal Dropbox accounts or share a single Dropbox across multiple users
- *New* Box cloud storage support. Present personal Box accounts or share a single Box account storage across multiple users
- Fixes an issue with logging paths in public links
- Fixes an issue with Shared By Me in the web app
- Fixes an issue with lock headers in Microsoft Office for Mac v15.27 affecting live document editing from the web app
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (8th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue where the configured LDAP server is not prefixed correctly
- Hides the ‘Edit in MS Office’ button on Chrome OS devices
- Removes the ‘Edit in Google G Suite’ button for editing legacy Office files (.doc .xls & .ppt) on cloud platforms
- Patches the appliance against Linux security vulnerability ‘Dirty COW’ as described here
- Enables a custom NETBIOS domain to be configured within Foldr Settings >> Appliance for NAS and other storage that use the short domain name for authentication. This is used in conjunction with the short domain switch introduced in v188.8.131.52
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (6th November 2016)
- *New* ‘Use short domain name’ switch added to share configuration page to support storage that requires credentials to be passed using NETBIOS domain names (FreeNAS, Netgear ReadyNAS)
Foldr Server Update 220.127.116.11 (5th November 2016)
- Fixes an issue with exporting & downloading log files
Foldr Server Update 18.104.22.168 (3rd November 2016)
- Minor change regarding Active Directory domain name handling
Foldr Server Update 22.214.171.124 (3rd November 2016)
- Fixed an issue with password change control on 2012R2 domains with a lower functional level
- Interface tweaks, bug fixes and enhancements
Foldr Server Update 126.96.36.199 (1st November 2016)
- Additional PHP libraries
- Fixed an issue with authentication
Foldr Server Update 188.8.131.52 (31st October 2016)
- *New* Delegated Active Directory password reset
- *New* Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate authority support (free signed certificates with automatic renewal)
- Updated PHP libraries
- Performance improvements
Foldr Server Update 184.108.40.206 (25th October 2016)
- Updated SMB libraries
- Numerous web interface fixes
- Performance improvements
- Google service account support
- *New* My Bookmarks feature in the web app